Synchronization is performed to update the details (price, quantity, description and status) of existing at eBay products.
To start the process hit "Synchronization" button, select the appropriate configuration and confirm this operation clicking on the ‘Next’ button.
Make the main selections on the page with the general options to be able to proceed:
On the next step you should specify the identification fields and choose the method of data synchronization in the appropriate area - they are mandatory:
Take into account on the item identification fields:
Update active eBay items checkboxes:
You can perform some bulk operations in the scheduled listings:
1. End active or delete scheduled listings.
This can be possible if you check the current field and choose one of the following conditions:
- when a product which data should be updated is not available or out of stock;
- when a product's availability for updating is less than specified number of units;
2. Relist inactive items if:
- if products contained in the store and involved in synchronization are active and have the status "In Stock"
- each unit of product which is higher than the value specified in the appropriate field leads to the relisting such product in eBay catalog:
Additional fields of relisting area:
- Change price of relisted item - such items will be modified with the new price values which are currently available in the store;
- Change quantity of relisted item - related to the items with the fixed price on eBay and allows to modify the amount of products during synchronization;
- Change items description - update description content based on the actual products information at the store.
Use the lower buttons to configure the content :
- 'Insert Macro' button - the macros help to upload the data from the appropriate field of the store database which will be displayed on the Product page in Description tab.
- If you want to add some additional text you can use ‘Edit as HTML’ button to launch the HTML editor form and such content will be shown on the eBay front-end.
For example, you need to supplement text of product description.
To activate the Item Description Template box on the right firstly check the field responsible for updating the items description on the left:
In the right panel there are also the options to change (update) price values by using the expression formula:
Choose the required macro for each price field to form the necessary formula and hit ‘Test Formulas’ to verify the correctness of the indicated schemes(as you can see in the illustration above).
Then press ‘Next’ to launch the synchronization.
Click on one of the product links in the summary step:
You should see the updated description field with an extra text on the eBay Product page: